Attending school in a different school district

Amy - posted on 08/08/2012 ( 2 moms have responded )




i have a question and thought maybe someone could help me out....My son is 15 and has ADHD and I am currently going through a horrible divorce. We have been using my x-husband and his girlfriends address so that my son could go to a school in their school district. I think that they are going to tell me that i cant use their address anymore and i really want my son to keep going to the school. He has alot of new friends which was hard for him to make before. So my question is does anyone know if i can still request that my son attend the same school even though I dont live in the school district since he has ADHD. Thanks you


View replies by

Michelle - posted on 08/08/2012




I don't know how it works where you live but I just pay cross district fees and my son goes to school almost an hour away from our home I have to make sure he gets to and from school on my own as he is not within the busing area and they have no problems with him going there, I would go to the school and say that you have moved but that you don't think it is your sons best interest to start over at a new school I am sure if you get a letter from your sons specialist stating that he should remain where he is he will probably get to say.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms