Babies with alcohol syndrome

Meiyah - posted on 02/03/2015 ( 4 moms have responded )




Im 4 months and pretty much drank throughout. I'm not showing. If my baby has this syndrome then what do I do?


View replies by

~♥Little Miss - posted on 02/04/2015




You need to stop drinking and get to the doctor asap. Discuss your options with a trained professional that has access to medical diagnostics. They may not be able to say whether or not your child has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, but he or she could.

Dove - posted on 02/04/2015




You stop drinking and you deal w/ whatever happens. My ex cousin-in-law did not know she was pregnant til she was about 4 months along... and she partied quite a few times before that. Her son was fine (almost 22 years now).... but that does not mean YOUR baby will be fine. There is no way to know at this point. Some babies are born w/out issues that had mothers drinking throughout the entire pregnancy... and some babies are born permanently damaged w/ a mother who drank ONE time in pregnancy.

All you can do is wait and see. If you knew you were pregnant and still drank anyway... PLEASE seek help immediately to stop drinking. If you just didn't know and have stopped since you knew... stay alcohol free, pray, and just wait.

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 02/04/2015




Well, you handle it, and you accept responsibility for consuming alcohol while pregnant. Your child will have fetal alcohol syndrome. That's guaranteed. The severity will depend on how much you drank, what you drank, whether you are STILL consuming alcohol, and how you take care of yourself for the rest of the pregnancy.

If you have not stopped drinking, I suggest you commit yourself to rehab. Let them know that you are pregnant.

If you have stopped drinking...GOOD JOB! Speak with your physician to see if there is anything you can do now to mitigate the damage.

Gena - posted on 02/03/2015




May i ask if you drank and you knew you were pregnant? I think its something you must talk with the doctor about. And quit drinking..if you need help talk to the doctor.May

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms