baby daddy

Mackenzie - posted on 11/14/2013 ( 2 moms have responded )




My childs father didnt sign her birth certificate do i have to let her see him?


[deleted account]

legally speaking, whether he signed the birth certificate or not, he is the biological father of the child and has the same rights that you have.

If there is no court order in place, you are not legally required to allow him to see her, however, he can take you to court and file for visitation. If he gets a court order, you will have to obey it or face contempt charges. Also, if he chooses to take you to court for a visitation order, and he can prove that you have denied him access to his child in the past, it will reflect poorly on you, the judge will be more likely to side with him and give him whatever access he asks for.

If you feel that he is a danger to your child, you will need evidence to present in court. You can use that evidence to limit his access to supervised visits, or to prohibit access to the child.
If he does not wish to be a part of your child's life, and you do not want him to be a part of her life, you can have him legally sign his rights over to you, this would terminate both his rights and responsibilities to the child.

Your best bet is to go ahead and talk to your lawyer and advance with court proceedings to either establish court ordered visitation or eliminate his rights.


View replies by

Lexi - posted on 11/14/2013




If you really feel like she needs to know who her father is then let her see him

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms