Baby daddy drama

Kayla - posted on 06/18/2015 ( 2 moms have responded )




So my son is turning 2years old soon. His real father has not been a part of his life, never supported him financially, never a gift for birthday or holidays, seen him maybe 4 or 5 times. And not again for almost a year. Now he emails me and says we have a lot to discuss and he wants to talk about visiting my son. My son is a very smart boy. Never cared for him when he did visit when my son was little. He would scream! I am now engaged to my sons amazing step father but who we call his dad. We do not ever talk about him as being the step dad. What would be your advice on how to manage his biological dad?


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 06/18/2015




Get custody and support established in court, since it seems you may have never done so.
The man has every right to be a part of his son's life. He's got every right to request, at the very least, visitation, if not more.
Get an attorney. You cannot make this decision on your own. It needs to be done in court or you will risk losing custody entirely due to intentional parental alienation.

Dove - posted on 06/18/2015




Go to court and get custody, visitation, and child support legally set up. I would push for supervised visitation initially since he's so young and doesn't know him, but he is the father and he has every right in the world to develop a relationship w/ his son.

My kids are much older, but they haven't seen their father in 2 years and are leaving next week for a month... He is not a regular part of their lives at all, but he IS their father and they all love him and want to see him.

And of course your son would scream when he was a baby/young toddler and visited a man who was virtually a stranger... that's normal. Give it a chance... your son deserves it.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms