baby daddy threats

Adriana De - posted on 09/10/2014 ( 4 moms have responded )




i need help! My daughter dad disappeared when i first told him i was pregnant. he did not want to sign the birth certificate. Now i have a new partner and my daughter dad came back threating he going to take my daughter away. I really do not want that. He really a alcoholic and he lives with his friends who are wasted mens. What should i do?


View replies by

Dove - posted on 09/10/2014




Get a lawyer and go to court to establish custody, visitation, and child support. If you two can not agree on a visitation schedule the judge will set one (typically weekends) that you both have to abide by. If he'd rather drink than have a relationship with his child... it will be his choice and totally on him at that point.

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 09/10/2014




Get an attorney, and set conditions for visitation.

Adriana De - posted on 09/10/2014




I really do not deny his right to see her but he only wants to see her when he wants to. I told him if weekends was good because he works but he did not want to because that's the days he gets wasted and he prefers to do that then be with his daughter. Then also he only sees her for 30 minutes and then goes to his phone. He wants me to leave her with my mom but my mom only teaches her to cuss and be rude

Amy - posted on 09/10/2014




Go to court and file for custody. Until custody is set in court and visitation if he takes his daughter you won't be able to get her back until you establish it anyway. Regardless if he was around or not the fact is he wants to be involved now and you shouldn't deny your daughter the right to know her biological father. If you are concerned for her safety you can ask the courts for supervised visitation.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms