babys dads a drinker and wants her overnight

Lindsey - posted on 07/06/2014 ( 2 moms have responded )




I left my boyfriend a few months in to pregnancy as his drinking was out of control he would go to pub or his friends houses after work most nights and come home late he would either be verbally abbusive or to drunk to hold a conversation he had often told me to leave n didnt want me around, he knew I was pregnant but didnt seem to care, hes now demanding that when babys here she will be staying overnight twice a week at his house,I dont trust him even tho he says he is not drinking anymore, baby will be here soon and I really dont know what to do?? X


Ev - posted on 07/06/2014




You need to find a lawyer and as soon as baby is born, go for custody and child support and visitation for dad. Have proof of his drinking such as DUI arrests, court documents on that and anything else that could be used to keep him from having baby over night. A baby newborn up to even two years old do not necessarily go over nights with the dad until after that especially if mom is breast feeding because that would interrupt the feed schedule of the child and mother.


View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms