bad father or bad mother?

Alla - posted on 02/14/2015 ( 2 moms have responded )




I just turned 20 and have a 2 year old daughter, Jaylin. I am in my 1st year of college and am doing night classes. My boyfriend, Brett, is 22 and lives with his mom, I live with my sister in a small apartment. My boyfriend refuses to help with Jaylin. He'll visit her and all... once in a blue moon, but I am afraid he is more interested in me. He mostly ignores Jyalin and when he comes over he tells her to shut up and stuff. I tell him to stop but he just says stuff like, "Cool it" or "I got this" or "who said you were in charge?". Im so tierd of this, how do I get him to stop? I feel like I am at fault.


View replies by

Dove - posted on 02/14/2015




Discuss a visitation agreement (w/ mediation if necessary) and have it signed by a judge... and then have him take his visitations w/ his daughter out of your house... unless you have evidence (like arrest records or police reports of violence towards the child) that he is a danger to her in which case supervised (not by you) in public might be the way to go.

You can't make him interested in his daughter, but you can take yourself out of the equation and then it's up to him on whether or not he chooses to remain involved.

Jodi - posted on 02/14/2015




Stop having him come to your house. Let him take his child to his house instead - allow him time with his child without you around. He can't step up and be a dad to his child with you around - he needs the chance to prove himself.

I'm not sure what you mean by "refuses to help". Do you mean child support? File for it.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms