best childcare services

Laura - posted on 07/04/2016 ( 1 mom has responded )




hello, i currently live in florida, my daughter is on the spectrum and has an intellectual disability as well. im looking to move to a state that offers help with ABA behavioral services in the school, in aftercare, come to your home and places my daughter can go so that i can go to work. I am a single mom and have no one to watch her. i need the services to be free or covered by medicaid. I am unable to leave her with anyone on weekends or anytime. please help. my daughter is 12. severe attention seeking behaviors.


April - posted on 07/08/2016




Hi! I don’t know that I can be of much help. I just didn’t want you to think no one heard your plea. Have you called your Medicaid provider to see what services are covered? In my experience, Medicaid is fairly similar across the states with minimal differences. It might not be worth a move if that is your sole reason. Have you tried calling your local school systems? My children do not attend the local schools in my area, but I know that my son’s therapy facility offers their services at the local school systems. The students receive the services throughout the school year at their school, and then the parents just bring them to the therapy facility when the school is on summer break. I wish I could be of more help to you. I have a son on the spectrum, but we have been able to go without services with him for the last couple of years. Please know that I am praying for you as you seek answers. Have a good day.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms