Biological Father giving up custody but in different states??

Monique - posted on 09/05/2012 ( 3 moms have responded )




My Sons Biological Father whom has never seen/held/spoke to/or asked about my son sense the day he was born and now he's 2months away from being 2yrs old. is now ready and willing to give up his rights to my son. and my husband will be adopting him. the issue is that he lives in a different state. i have the form for him to sign but its for the state of fl and the only way he'll sign it is if i brin the form to him which i have no problem doing.. but as its being signed it needs to be notorized... i've checked the florida court website and i can't find any information as if this is gonna be a problem or not... maybe one of you has gone thru this and can take my stress away?!? thanks!


View replies by

Janelle - posted on 09/05/2012




When I terminated the biological father's rights I had him served through the newspaper since he wouldn't tell me his address. It was 50 maybe 100 dollars to do...I don't remember. Try looking into it! Good luck!

Michelle - posted on 09/05/2012




It shouldn't be a problem, where was the baby born, if the baby was born in the state where bio dad lives you might be better off to get a form from that state for him to sign but in all honesty I think any states form will work.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms