Biological father wants contact after 8years

Katrina - posted on 01/27/2016 ( 2 moms have responded )




What should I do, after my brother bumping into my daughters biological father after 8 years of no contact since she was 3 months old? I am now married and have a two year old son with my husband. After leaving me when I was 3 months pregnant, wanting me to have an abortion, with me deciding against his wishes, leaves, wants nothing to do with her, now this morning sees my brother, starts to ask about her, what she looks like, does he have a photo, and hands my brother his number for me to get in touch. Please any suggestions?


View replies by

Michelle - posted on 01/27/2016




He has rights as well. I understand that he hasn't wanted to in the past but sometimes men need a bit longer to actually grow up.
Like Evelyn said, get a lawyer and get custody, visitation and child support set up. Your daughter also has a right to know who her Father is.

Ev - posted on 01/27/2016




Did you ever set up custody, visitation and child support? If not then you need to get that done asap.
As for him asking after his daughter and wanting to start some sort of contact, you need to get a lawyer and see what you can do about this.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms