Biological fathers equal rights as the mother.

Maria - posted on 01/27/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




My daughter's ex boyfriend invited her to go out at the time he would pick up his son. She wanted to try to spend like family time for her son, but ended up at his house and decided she wanted him to take her back home. She was trying to leave with my grandson and he wouldn't let her. He locked up my grandson with his little sister in her room and told her she wasn't going nowhere. So, my daughter grabbed a knife and told him to let her go. He called the cops and told them she was trying to suicide herself. When they got there my daughter thought she was going to be able to leave with her son and she didn't. They took her in to the station to evaluate her, told her she was fine and gave her a ride home. Next day we tried to pick up the baby and he said that she was never going to see him again cause he was fighting for full custody. We called the cops and they said unless we had a court order stating that she was the legal custody parent, they couldn't obligate a biological parent cause of equal rights. But if its equal rights, after almost 2 weeks of not letting her see her son, when is it her turn to have him.? Can he do that? He owes 6months of child support, has never worked, and a domestic report before this incident.


Amy - posted on 01/27/2014




You're going to have to go through the courts. Even if you had visitation established if her ex didn't return their son she would still have to file in civil court for a violation of the visitation agreement, most police departments won't get involved. I would consult an attorney immediately, and go start the paperwork in civil court.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms