biting crib rails


Chet - posted on 09/19/2014




Normal. Good reason not to buy a super expensive crib. That plastic strip on the top of some crib rails is actually called a bite guard.

I've never known anyone to get their child to stop doing this without doing something drastic - like moving them out of the crib.

You can buy fabric covers that tie over the top of the crib, but it can sometimes be difficult to get ones that fit all of the sides, and it can be expensive if your child is equal opportunity and you need ones for all four sides. I also suspect that they're considered a strangulation hazard if you baby figures out how to get them off.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms