Boyfriends child

Rosa - posted on 08/22/2013 ( 2 moms have responded )




They live with me and every time I go to the county for help , I feel insulted they always tell me I don't have any rights that I can't get help or they refuse to talk to me :-( the mother don't want them I have had them for two years .


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 08/22/2013




Unless you are married to him, and have adopted his child, you don't have any rights in regard to care for her.

Her father needs to apply for aid. Just know that you probably won't be included when figuring amounts, and there may be certain restrictions to the use of the funding, such as you would have to provide your own food, etc, because you're not technically a family member.

So, until you have paperwork designating you the legal guardian, your hands are tied.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms