Can a biological father only stop me from moving to another state?


View replies by

Sonia - posted on 10/05/2015




Hi Ray. Thank you for your response. There are no court orders, his father is not even on the birth certificate, he was not in the picture throughout my pregnancy, nor when our son was first born. In the past 8 months, he has visited my son about once every 10-12 days bringing diapers and wipes, however, he is not showing any desire to be a father, nor has he offered child support. In addition, he is being deployed in December for a year (Army) and because of this I want to move to Florida to be closer to my family. I have lived in California all my life, but have no desire to stay here any longer.

Raye - posted on 10/05/2015




Possibly. It depends on the laws in your state, if the move would make it difficult or prohibit him from having visitation with his child. If you have court orders for custody and visitation, what do they say about moving?

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms