can he get any rights after being out of his child life 2 yrs ago?

Ana - posted on 08/23/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




my son biological father wants a paternity test and i will give it to him he hasn't seen his son in about 2 years he has 2 other babies after my son, i'm married happy with my son and husband my life, would he be able to take the baby away from me? i mean he hasn't done anything for his son in like 3 yrs, hasn't seen him in 2., hasn't been in the hospital when the baby has gotten sick never. can court give him the rights also he is on the birth certificate. i don't want my son to be hurt again, the last time he was over there in his house he came with his pants all poop and it was dry. and he was always claiming that wasn't his son, and he telling everybody that i said that. my son saw the other day on the streets and he was like to my son "do you know who i am?" my son answer no, so he was like"i am your father" my son said no your not my dad is at home sleeping. i don't want him to get anything because he never been involve in my child life and he couldn't remember my son birthday.


Gwen - posted on 08/24/2012




If you never took any action to terminate his parental rights or suspend his visitation then, yes, he still has legal rights. He's not going to get custody, but if he takes it to court, they will likely order some type of visitation. I would suggest that you consult with an attorney about your options.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms