can I legally leave with my kids?

Amanda Christine - posted on 02/09/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




I am a military wife and fearful of my husband and want to end our marriage. Can I legally take our children and go back to my home state? I don't want to be here when he finds out I'm divorcing him!


Jodi - posted on 02/09/2014




No. If you do that, he can file for custody and have his children returned. I suggest you seek legal advice. You are not the only parent your children have, and they have a right to a relationship with both of you. MOST courts will rule based on that. If you move, you are clearly making the decision that you have more rights than he does, and it will be frowned upon. People have lost custody of their children for doing this.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms