Can someone please give me advice on what they would do.

Haley - posted on 08/13/2012 ( 2 moms have responded )




Can someone please help me on what to do. I've been on and off with the same guy for about a year. And we were stupid when it came to sex. Plus not to mention I found out he was always going behind my back. I found out I was pregnant in March, but unfourtantely I had a misscarriage. Well right after that he broke up with me saying it was all my fault telling me I would have been an unfit mother. So he appologized and a few weeks later I took him back. We were doing good for about 3 or 4 months and He had cheated on me. So I finally got rid of him for good and I just recently contacted him because I found out that I was in fact pregnant. So I told him and him and his new girlfriend are constantly threatning me. So I had to change my number and they got ahold of my work number so I called the police. And then his grandparents told me that his new girlfriends pregnant and they know its not his because they've only been together about a month and the doctor said shes 3 months. But what should I do? One day I feel like I should keep him as far away from my child as possible because he decided to move with his new girlfriend 4 hours away. And then some days i feel like since he is the father he has the right to be able to see his baby. What would anyone else do?


Determined - posted on 08/13/2012




First things first once the baby is born I'd get a paternity test to prove to him and his family that the baby is infact his. Then file for child support he needs to support the child the he helped create. Unless you feel that he will hurt the baby I would NOT deny him visitation. If he wants to see the child let him, he has the right to. I understand you might now want to see him but you can have your mom, or a friend meet him to pick up and drop off the baby so that you guys do not have to see each other. I would remain in contact with him in case of emergencies and be civil towards each other because as the child gets older it will be healthier for him/her if they know that mommy & daddy are getting along.

This is how I would handle this situation if I were in your shoes. I honestly would not try to get back with him at any point though because he has proven on multiple occasions that he has no desire to be in a committed relationship. Good luck hun.


View replies by

Kristin - posted on 08/13/2012




He is the father no matter if you two are together or not. You told him you are pregnant, now its in his court how involved he will be. File for child support as soon as the baby is born. You didn't make a baby by your self so he should at least help money wise.

Don't get back together with him later down the road if he wants you again. You've seen what happens and it will happen again and again with him cheating on you.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms