Change My Sons last name

Teresisa - posted on 05/21/2014 ( 3 moms have responded )




I was with this guy for 7yrz I had two boys that were not his but he choose to give them his last name on their birth certificate we separated in 2009. What is it that I need to do to get his last name off of their birth certificates and about how much is it going to coast?


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 05/21/2014




If you live in the States, contact your state's department of vital records. They will tell you what the process will involve, and it's usually a petition process through the courts, allowing people to enter objections.

A judge will make the final call.

If you're not in the States, I'm not sure.

Vanessa - posted on 05/21/2014




I adopted my nephew, with any name change on a birth certificate you have to go to your community government center and ask the court clerk what papers to file and see if you will need legal counsel to assist. With changing my nephews last name on his bc we had social services assist. Good luck. I hope this was some what helpful.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms