changing daughters last name

Samantha - posted on 03/25/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




Can I change my daughters last name or atleast add my name with out him? As he hasnt botherd with her since we came .home 7 weeks ago and he wont come over and see her and now were not together he hasnt asked once if he can come and see her help.please xz


Jodi - posted on 03/25/2014




Maybe he doesn't want to see you. Have you offered him to have a little time on his own with her without you around?

However, in answer to your question, you have registered the birth? Unfortunately, 7 weeks isn't nearly long enough to claim he has abandoned you. You can't change the name without his permission to.

Based on what you have said, however, you should talk to a lawyer about filing for custody and child support.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms