Changing of my kids family name back to my family name

Sheryl - posted on 01/27/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




Its been 4 years that i am separated and i dont receive any support (moral and financial) from my kids father,that was 2009 and on 2011 i saw his facebook by accident with a child and a woman.i thought i wont get affected but i was wrong.when i confirmed that it was true i just let them.he heard nothing about me until now.but if he wants to contact me he has my email add.but then i heard nothing from him.just end last year that i decided to change my kids family name.i consulted my lawyer and he told me its a long process and something moght came up that i wouldnt expect but then i told him its ok.i am now preparing for the papers needed so we could start the process. Moms and anybody please i need some good comments and suggestions that would enlighten me on whats the best thing to do. Thank you.


Amy - posted on 01/27/2014




Well you already consulted an attorney so I'm not sure what you are looking for. If you want to pay an attorney to go through the court proceeding and drag their father into court then by all means try and change their name. I'm sure what the attorney is saying is that if you try to move forward with this you risk the chance of your ex asking for visitation/custody.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms