chiari child

Marsha - posted on 12/19/2011 ( 1 mom has responded )




how do you hold a full time job with a child with chiari


Iridescent - posted on 12/19/2011




The same way as you do with any other disabled child. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. You may want to find out if your state offers waivers through the county and apply for them, as some will even cover paying a parent to stay home with their child depending on the level of need that child has. Often, Chiari doesn't cause a problem at all, but if it causes a major one sometimes the decompression surgery can truly fix most of the problems associated. If you haven't spoken with your doctors about this, you may want to, as there are major pros and cons (wait too long, damage is permanent, do it too soon, may need it later and limited on repair options, etc).

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms