child and i abandon by father

Chandre Crmen - posted on 02/07/2013 ( 3 moms have responded )




Hi my boyfriend of 8 years abandoned my daughter and I recently,because he loves another woman. We lived together for 6 years. My daughter and I went to visit my mom, he was supposed to fetch us that sunday and didn't pitched. That tuesday he tells me he loves another woman, then said he I must leave him alone he has all our belongings. What must i do? Please Help?


Amy - posted on 02/07/2013




I would definitely contact the police, if you have been living together regardless if you pay rent or not you may be entitled to stay there until you've found another place. He definitely has no right to with hold your stuff from you. I would be at the police department, and then the court house filing for custody.

Liz - posted on 02/07/2013




If he won't permit you access to your residence and your belongings, then I personally would call the police and ask for their assistance, especially if you are concerned that there might be any kind of dispute if you show up in order to claim your things.

Is he the father of your daughter? If so, then you'll need to take steps to work out custody and visiting etc. If you can have a rational chat with him about this, that's great, if not you'll need to get a lawyer and start the process that way.

To be honest, if he's going to be such a jerk that he picks this method of trying to shunt you out of his life, along with your daughter (whether his or not), then you'll be better off without him.

I wish you the best of luck.


View replies by

Chandre Crmen - posted on 02/07/2013




Hi Liz. Thank you for your advice. Yes he is father. I tried talking to him, but he will not listen.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms