Child support

Ally - posted on 09/14/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




My husband and I have been married a little over a year now and he recently had an affair. Now she is claiming to be pregnant and being the person she is, threatening my income such as paychecks and tax returns ect to pay her child support if she is infact pregnant and the child is proven to be his. I have two children of my own from before our marriage whom I have custody of and receive child support for. We do not have a joint account or file joint at the end of the year and have acquired nothing together since married. So is this even possible, I don't want my own childs mouths taken from esp when she refuses to work and has done nothing but make my life heck since meeting him esp since he left her and come back home. I live in WV and she is lives in Fl.


Jodi - posted on 09/14/2013




She can't touch your income, only your husband's. And only after she has established paternity. However, if the baby is your husband's he has an obligation to pay child support. But it has nothing to do with your paycheck and your tax return.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms