Child support/Custody battle questions..

Amanda - posted on 08/15/2012 ( 4 moms have responded )




My son's father was not present in the pregnancy, birth, or first year of his life. He did not step up until I finally called his family and informed them of their grandson and how their son was neglecting him. Now almost a year later, I have been served with papers to go to court asking me to give up my full custody and to change my schedule to accomidate Nick and his family's schedule. I am also in the beginning of a child support case with him. Would it be best to hire an attorney? I have witnesses stating that as a parent, Nick is very neglectfull, and does not use his time with Mikey wisely. How can this help me in my case? I am all for allowing his visitation rights, I just simply don't want him to have custody rights.


Jodi - posted on 08/16/2012




So, I am a bit confused. If you didn't want him in your child's life, why did YOU contact his family and ask him to step up? What did you expect, honestly? You called them, told them about it. What were you hoping to achieve, if not for them to get on his back and make him step up? And now he is, you want to fight it? Sorry, but that makes no sense.


View replies by

Chaya - posted on 08/15/2012




Get an attorney no matter what, also, if you can, and I don't know how it works where you are, go to court without dad and apply for sole custody, if you can do that, dad can't get the child away from you unles you're using drugs or being equally inappropriate.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms