child support from office of the attorney general

Ashley - posted on 04/13/2015 ( 5 moms have responded )




I have a 6 month old son. He is currently on Medicaid. I live with his father. I received a letter in the mail from the office of the attorney general saying they want us to come up there for a meeting because they want my child's father to pay child support. When my son was born, his father signed a document saying he knows that he is the father and his name is on the birth certificate. When we go for our meeting at the office of the attorney general, are we going to have to take a paternity test? I live in the state of Texas. I've been thru this before and it took so long for the dna test. and its a really long and annoying process. So I just wanted to know. No rude comments please and thank you


View replies by

Raye - posted on 04/13/2015




I'm with Jodi, if you only put *your* info on the Medicaid, then the government doesn't want to pay more than they have to and will go after the father to help pay support. If you're living together, then you should have both been on the paperwork. I don't know why they would do a paternity test if you both agree he's the father and he's on the BC.

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 04/13/2015




sounds like some paperwork was perhaps falsified, or in some way raised red flags. If you've already done a paternity test, and are living with the child's biological father, then the attorney general would not be contacting you.

Sounds like you'd better get your ducks in a row.

Michelle - posted on 04/13/2015




Have you said you were single even though you are living with the Father?
I'm not really getting your post. Plus we have no idea what will happen in the meeting.

Jodi - posted on 04/13/2015




Did you claim the Medicaid listing yourself as a single parent and only assessing your income, not the father's?

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms