childrens allowance being taken from ex partner can it be done?

Mary - posted on 09/16/2012 ( 5 moms have responded )




lm looking for some serious advice to do with my ex partner. he want to take my childrens allowance from me for are child saying he is intitttled to it but he has never paid child maintence for his child sense she was born and he is treatining to bring me to court stating he can get it from me he gets are child for two nites of the week and l have her for the rest of the nights what l want to no is he alound a percentage of the allowance or none of it? and what would happen if it was brought to court? l would realy be greatful for advice please thank you .


View replies by

Mary - posted on 10/07/2012




thank you all for your repoands lm off to court with my ex in a few weeks time and my solictor stated he is not entitled to a penny and not to give it to him l am from ireland so l really needed advice but thank you again lm very greatful

Sally - posted on 09/16/2012




His talking rubbish. The allowance is for the child and the person who has them the most gets it. Take his ass to court for the child support he should be paying.

Bobbie - posted on 09/16/2012




He doesn't have any rights to the child's allowance. The fact that he has not paid any maintenance should keep him from pushing the issue and going to court. But, if he wants to be that stupid then they are going to apply back payments that your child is intitles too. See, many think that the money in these issues is for the adults. He is so wrong, it is for the well being of the child. So how could he think that the child would be in need of anything while with him just two nights a week? You provide the main care, the home, the school and the clothing needs for the child from that allowance. He is out of his mind.

My advise, just smile at him when he says such things and tell him that you will gladly see him in court if he wants to push the issue. AND! don't give him any funds of any kind for any reason! To do so would be to take that money from the needs of your child!

Lastly, speak to him as little as possible. He should not be able to make requests from you about anything. To pick up and drop off the child is all there should be to the conversation. Many men talk such crazy things to us just to get us worked up and sadly it does hit us hard. They just act all knowing, it is a ploy to scam you with the threat of court.

Michelle - posted on 09/16/2012




The childrens allowance goes to the parent who is the primary care giver so whomever is with the child the most.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms