Claiming a child on taxes by ex-husband

Kathi - posted on 02/07/2010 ( 1 mom has responded )




Not really sure what the law says - I guess he could if he was truly paying for 1/2 of "ALL" the expenses of that child - but I doubt that he is doing that. Even if there is child support set - it is never what is actually spents on one's children. I think a child has to lve with a parent for a total amount of 6 month in order to be a tax deduction.

Good Luck,

Kathi Putman


Jodi - posted on 02/07/2010




Kathi, if a thread has been locked, it is not ok to open a new conversation to respond to it. A thread has usually been locked for a reason. I am locking this thread, and ask that you please refrain from doing this again.

Thank you

Jodi Adams

CoM Moderator

This conversation has been closed to further comments

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms