Comite or not comit to daddu

Anglyn - posted on 01/18/2015 ( 1 mom has responded )




Daddy is an alci, been to jail is now n rehab, should I cut and run, or work twice as hard to maintain a standard home??


Jodi - posted on 01/18/2015




I'm assuming you mean you child's daddy not your daddy?

You don't have the option of totally running, as you have a child with this man and he has rights to a relationship with his child. If you run and prevent him from that relationship, then you may end up losing custody if he decides to take you to court.

However, this does not mean you must stay with him. These are not your only two options. The third option is to let him know that the two of you need to not be together any more, but that he can still have a relationship with his child. File for custody, visitation and child support and work on a co-parenting relationship with him.

I guess the question is, do you love him and is the rehab working for him? Can he get his act together?

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms