Ashley - posted on 09/30/2013 ( 2 moms have responded )




I am a single mother of a 2 year old boy, Right now i am currently dating a man who in going to be in the military. I al ready hav full cusdity of my son, but his father does not know because i served him over publication. I was wandering is anybody near if i could move out of the state of Missouri an move with my future husband pn a base without haveing to go to court again?


View replies by

Ev - posted on 09/30/2013




That all depends on the state you got the custody in and what is in the custody order. A lot of them now do not allow moves unless it is approved by a judge and the other parent. If you child's father has any visitation, that is going to be taken into consideration as well. If it is going to make it difficult for the father to see the child then a judge can say no.

Rachel - posted on 09/30/2013




You have full custody which means YOU make all the decisions for the child. His father doesn't have to like it but unless he has a court order for you to not be able to move the child without his consent, there isn't much he can do.
I have full custody of my oldest son and I can move wherever and whenever I'd like. I don't have to ask or get permission from his father.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms