Custody battle.

Brittany M. - posted on 08/31/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




I have a soon to be four year old little girl her bio has been out of her life as I know since she was two months. Until 2010 I was letting her go to his moms house until she asked me to let her to by them two weeks a month! She said no and I haven't heard anything since. Just before this she notorized a paper saying when her bio was last at her house to see her now its been three years. There's no attempt of him to contact me I've been at the same job and have updated my address. I have been seeing someone since my daughter was 2 months old he has helped us out when he bio brought her home to me with no formula and neglected to be properly taken care of. He is her dad to her and we plan on moving to CA together with his family mid september now he objects to us moving. Hes moved on and is taking care of his girlfriends daughter. If I were to talk to him about why he objected and if its child support can he sign over custody to me for my boyfriend to adopt if need be


Jodi - posted on 08/31/2013




He does have the right to object to you moving. If I were you, I would not just go ahead and move. It sounds like you should get a lawyer involved. Sure, he may sign over his rights, but he also may not, and that is his right. If he chooses not to, then you need to get the court's permission to move. If you move without permission, you could very well be ordered to either move back, or your ex could get custody of the child (yes, that has happened to people).

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms