custody help!

Ana - posted on 07/19/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




my first daughter's father and i have joint custody and i am the custodial parent. he has not paid a cent in child support and has not seen her in over a year. i am married to another man whom i have another daughter with. i need to know how easy/hard it would be to get full custody. i also live in texas if that helps. thank you in advance!


Amy - posted on 07/20/2013




Child support and custody are two desperate issues. Just because he isn't paying child support doesn't mean he shouldn't see his child. With that being said though if he hasn't exercised his visitation in over a year you can go back to court and file for full custody, I doubt it will be granted and your ex will probably be given an opportunity to start exercising visitation again, but it will at least start the process.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms