Custody in scotland

Shelley - posted on 11/12/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




Hi on march 2013 i stoped contact with my son and his father because his father got him 3 overnights and that was fine with me but then i started finding out that his father wasnt taking him it was his mother and his mother drinks every night i was getting reports from my sons nursery saing that my son was falling asleep on couches so i said to my wee boys dad that he wasnt staying over night so threw arguments contact stop untill wee went to lawyers and my boys dad agreed to a wednesday and saturday 4.30-7.30 wich is 6 hours per week so thats been fine since june and now i got a letter in saying he wants to take me to court my sons dad lost his job a couple a months ago and now he hasnt got a job he was saying he will get legal aid and get his 3 nights back can u give me advise on this as my lawyer has not got back to me ?


Katherine Ann - posted on 11/12/2013




If you are living here in the states it would depend on the child custody laws in the state you live in. Might be a good idea to look up what those laws are. A jobless, and drunk father will not be granted custody especially sense they have been with you all this time. Don't let him scare you he hasn't got a leg to stand on he would have to prove he can care for those children.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms