Custody issue! Help

[deleted account] ( 1 mom has responded )

I haven't spoken to or been contacted by my son's bio-father in almost 4 years. My son is almost 5. I am temporarily out of state with my child for work reasons. I am worried that he will not be allowed to start preschool because the child support order instructs that the residence of the child may not be moved from the state without the Court's approval. And right now we are out of that state with out said approval. What should I do without having to get the bio-father involved?


Ev - posted on 07/17/2014




You certainly can not lie to the court. You need to be truthful. Since you did not file with the court for permission to be out of state like that, it can come back and bite you hard. You should have followed the court orders. If the father finds this out, he can file for custody from you.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms