Custody issues

Melinda - posted on 02/27/2016 ( 1 mom has responded )




So, my 16 yr old son has recently been admitted to a short term rehab for depression and drug addiction. He has admitted that in the past his father who has court ordered visitation has given him marijuana and alcohol on several occasions in the past. His father now is visiting my son in the facility when he is supposed to be getter better trying to convince him to move in with him. My son wants to please both of us but should be worrying about treatment, not stuff like this. My son has said he doesnt want me to take his dad back to court for supervised visitation. I dont to upset him and push him closer to his father, potentially putting him back in another bad situation. But im afraid if he goes back over there, this will happen again. I dont know what to do. Please help!


Sarah - posted on 02/27/2016




If your son is being honest in treatment, then the staff should being calling CPS. If his father has been giving him marijuana and alcohol, then he is breaking the law. If the staff is not getting involved or making recommendations about discharge living arrangements, then you need to get involved. Stop worrying about what will make you son upset and do what is needed to protect his health and his life.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms