Custody jurisdiction

Peggy - posted on 09/20/2016 ( 3 moms have responded )




So I'm wondering if any moms might have been through this or know.
AZ had jurisdiction over my custody case. I ended up moving to CA and the dad ended up moving to OR and the child resides with mean CA and has for almost a year now. I'm wanting to modify the current agreement. Do I have to get the case moved from AZ to CA or can CA take jurisdiction since the child has been here more than 6 months and no party lives in AZ anymore. I'm hoping to just be able to file to modify. I asked the court office but they said they cannot give legal advice.


View replies by

Ev - posted on 09/21/2016




I agree with the other ladies. Being this includes other states besides the one that the original custody was set in, you need a lawyer to look into this.

Michelle - posted on 09/21/2016




Ask a lawyer, you will get the correct advice that way, not just another Mother's interpretation of what it should be.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms