Custody without court

Taz - posted on 12/31/2013 ( 2 moms have responded )




My mother has custody because my ex-husband ( not father of my children) had marijuana in my house when the police "knocked on the wrong door." Not to say I was innocent I couldn't pass a drug test that day for pot either and I do regret that. But I am clean stable home always had a job since I had my first child and get my kids at least every weekend. I pay child support and am caught up. I may have made mistakes by i ha e also learned from them. But my question is do I have to go thru court if my mother agrees to give me custody or should i petition the court and go that route since I have matured and love and need my kids as much as they need me? Sorry just need support because I know after being raised by my mother i am the best intrest of my children. Please feel free to say if u feel otherwise.


View replies by

Jodi - posted on 12/31/2013




It depends on how they were taken from your custody in the first place. Was it an issue of child protection removing them from you and placing them with your mother? I would say they would be the ones you'd have to contact about it.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms