Dealing with court with my ex who claims he the father of my kids

Sharita - posted on 07/09/2016 ( 3 moms have responded )




The alleged father of both my boys has visitation rights with only one of my son and he ain't paying child support and I'm now in a situation to where I am moving to a different city and he has been violating his rights by: 1 Harassing me, 2 Putting his hands on me, 3 Walking in the left turn lane with my child, 4 Contacting me when he's not suppose to at all, 5 not paying any child support 6 cussing in front of the child, and 7 throwing my son's clothes away. The police told him already to not contact me the same day his visitation began.


View replies by

Michelle - posted on 07/10/2016




Do you even know who the Father is?
Maybe get DNA testing done and go from there.
I will say that child support and visitation/custody are different issues. A child is not a possession that has to be paid for to see.
In regards to the harassment, go to the police and get a restraining order.
The other things you have listed saying he is "violating his rights" are petty and things you can't control. Grow up, find out who the father/s is/are and do the right thing for your children.
Letting them have a relationship with their Father is the right thing, just in case you didn't know.

Jodi - posted on 07/09/2016




He is either the father or he isn't. There's no "alleged" about it. Surely you know whether he is the father or not.

If he is the father, he has the right to take you to court for visitation, but you also have the right to file for child support. You DON'T have the right to prevent him from having a relationship with his children unless the court states that. If he isn't allowed to contact you, then you need to arrange for a third party to do the negotiations about visitation. But unless you have a restraining order, then he has the right to contact you in relations to visitation of his children. If he is taking you to court, you also cannot move anywhere unless the court deems it appropriate.

Dove - posted on 07/09/2016





The 'alleged' father? If he has court granted visitation either you put him on the birth certificate or a DNA test was done to prove he is the father. Do you not actually KNOW who the father of your children is...?

If he is harassing and assaulting you... you call the police and press charges and get a restraining order against him.

Does the court order allow you to move the children to this other city?

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms