Does anyone have a child that has bad reactions to bug bit??? and if so what works to help the child


KayDee - posted on 07/02/2009




I have the same problem but here is the best solution I have found... Get some meat tenderiser from your spices and mix some with water to make a paste and then put it on the bite. It takes the itch right out.. It doesn't matter what kind you use and it is cheap and easy!


View replies by

Dawn - posted on 07/03/2009




thank you everyone i am really grateful for the advice! My doctor told me to give him antacid tablets so i have been trying that!

Deepali - posted on 07/03/2009




My child has terrible reaction to mosquito bites. Her entire body just swells up with little bumps and her eyes become swollen. I just put coconut oil on her body to help her deal with the itching. It seems to subside in a day or two.

~Jennifer - posted on 07/02/2009




Witch Hazel will also take the itch out. It's about 80 cents a bottle. Just put some one a piece of cotton and dab it on the bite.

(it also reduces swelling, so the bite should shrink)

and the disclaimer: Note:

As with many herbal remedies, certain people, like women who are pregnant or breast feeding, should talk to their physician before using witch hazel. When using witch hazel, let your doctor know if you experience leg swelling, breathing problems, chest tightness or pain, hives, new rashes or irritations, nausea, upset stomach, vomiting or constipation. Most people who use witch hazel will not experience these adverse side effects, but some will, so notify a health official if any problems are noticed.

Tanya - posted on 07/02/2009




My daughter has the same problem and her biggest battle has been itching them. We used calmine lotion and benadryl sprays but nothing worked. Recently I heard to put anti perspirant deodorant over the bug bite and I tried and and I do not see or hear her say anything about the itching!

[deleted account]

Kids are so sensitive to bugs, my son get's bit & it looks like a shark attacked him.. I use calimine lotion on his bites, he is 19 now so he has grown out of it most of the time but he is still sensitive.. they make calimine clear.. that goes on like a lotion & they can't see it... you just have to make sure you buy the hypo allergenic stuff.. Have they had allergy tests done? that might be an idea... my son was allergic to grass, molds, tree pollen ect... a bit of benadryl was the ticket for him!!! Good luck!!

Mindi - posted on 07/02/2009




Both of my kids have bad reactions. My doctor said it is an allergic reaction to the bite, so give them allergy medicine. You can also put Cortaid on the bite to alleviate the itching, but they cannot touch the Cortaid because it would be poisonous if it got in their mouth.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms