Domestic Volience and the Military

Elaine - posted on 05/02/2016 ( 2 moms have responded )




What do you do when your spouse has been having an affair with a co worker for years you confront him and he hits you. But this isn't the first time he has attempted this just the 1st time he actually did It. Asking for a divorce and to sign but he won't so this happens around our daughter and the police are saying to call the command it's not there issue besides providing a restraining order. What do you do as a woman with a child and needs to continue to get to work while he has all our "joint account" money transferred and our only car with the car seat?


♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 05/03/2016




Actually, if your husband is military, it IS a command issue, and need to report it. Being violent towards a spouse is against his military commitment.

He will be reprimanded, and punished. You need to decide if you want to stay, with counseling on both sides, or leave.

Raye - posted on 05/03/2016




If your husband is cheating on you, leave. If he hits you, file police reports and/or reports with his command. You can take him to court for divorce. He can contest it all he wants, but under the circumstances you describe, the judge will probably allow the divorce. The divorce will make you divide all "joint" money and assets. it should include custody/visitation for the child, and child support. You have to be strong enough to fight for what's right. Him cheating and hitting is NOT right. You don't want your daughter to grow up and feel that this is how relationship are supposed to be.


View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms