Don't Know What to do?

Ana - posted on 07/11/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




alright i have a problem ok i filed for child support last year and i have been waiting til now to hear from child support i dont think they can find him because he wasn't at the hospital when i had my daughter and never heard from him when i told him i was at the hospitail having a baby well she is 3 yrs old and i don't know what to do??


Ev - posted on 07/12/2014




So, did you file for the child support and then just wait for them to call you? If you want something done you need to keep in touch with them. What did they actually tell you? Setting up child support through the courts is a process and you should have also gone for custody and visitation. Also at this point if the man is not on the birth certificate they are not going to just make him pay child support until paternity has been established by the courts. You need to get a lawyer and find out the correct steps for this process instead of just filling out some paperwork and handing it to the court clerk to file and wait on things to happen. Just because you put the paperwork in is not going to get you the child support like the snap of a finger. You have to stay on top of it. Until then you can always get a job to support your child.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms