ex husband keeps making my life hell

Bonnie - posted on 09/30/2014 ( 3 moms have responded )




We have gone to court over and over again. He now gets every other weekend and lives on the other side of the state. So I have to travel 2 hours and 45 mins one way. That's 4 times a weekend twice a month or more. And he gets half of all holidays and 8 weeks of the summer. Along with this him and his wife are trying to micromanage my life and try to tell me what to do. It's everything from laundry to her after school actives. Now he is trying to have me held in contempt of court for not letting him have my weekend. To top it off I can't afford to continue the visitation like this. It is taking a huge chunk of money in gas and he isn't paying his child support. Not that 125 a month even touches what I pay in gas a month. I don't know what to do.


View replies by

American - posted on 09/30/2014




Did judge order you to do driving? if not then he could come get her if he wanted to see her. do only what court says you have to. you are her mother and she lives full time in your home. you can listen to their suggestions but unless paper says you have to do as he wants you don't have to follow his rules. stand up for yourself girl. and yes if he not pay support then have him held in contempt.you don't have to be nice.

Sarah - posted on 09/30/2014




I agree with Dezzerea, he should meet you half way, drive one way or pay for the gas! His wages should be garnished is he is delinquent on support. Is there a way for you to get your visitation order more detailed? I know it's a total pain and expensive to hash out, but if a judge lays it out that he picks them up on Friday and you retrieve them on Sunday. That would free you up from one of the trips. How can you be in contempt for not giving him YOUR weekend? Did he petition for it, like was there a wedding or a special event? You must be so frustrated, I wish I had better advice for you.
125 dollars a month is not much, but it's better than zero dollars a month. Get the state to pull it from his check.

Brittney - posted on 09/30/2014




He should be doing half of the driving or at least reimbursing you for the gas you're using. You could have him held in contempt for not paying support. Also, you could try getting a geo tracker. They are great on gas.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms