Ex-husband using daughter as to avoid paying child support.

Nathalie - posted on 09/16/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




My ex-husband has put our 16 year old girl in the middle. I've filed for divorce and requested that he starts paying child support (he hasn't for over two years). He countered my petition and is forcing our daughter to go live with him week on week off, she doesn't want to hurt his feelings and is scared to tell him no, even though she doesn't want to go 50/50. Any suggestions on how I can help her with this horrible situation? She has been living with me since the separation, seeing her dad every second weekend. He has already done this with my son, black mailing him to go live with him. I had had both my children living with me since the separation.


Andrea - posted on 09/16/2012




Maybe try to get a guardian ad litem? A guardian ad litem would be an advocate for the children when you go to court. They will determine the best living situation for the children. Your children should be able to confide in them where they want to live. Then when it comes to court your children won't be put in the middle as much; the guardian ad litem would inform the judge on the best living situation, so they can be the bad guy in your ex's eyes, not the children. I know in some cases the judge will talk to the children in private to find out where they want to live. Hopefully some of this helps, but worst case scenario your daughter may end up having to speak up. Wishing you the best!

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms