ex partners took my baby

Kelly - posted on 02/20/2014 ( 2 moms have responded )




recently split with partner and he took my 6 month old daughter out for the day and never brot her back,wont tell me where she is and wont let me see her,what can i do,?i have a lawyers app tomorrow,xx


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 02/20/2014




What were the custody orders when you split? If there were none, then technically he's not in the wrong, as he's her parent as well.

Have your attorney file for custody, and keep a log of contacts and communication with your ex.

Jodi - posted on 02/20/2014




All you can do is file for custody. There's little else you CAN do, unless he is not the father of the child, in which case, that is then kidnapping and you need to contact the police. But I'm guessing that given you made an appointment with a lawyer that he is the father, and in that case, he has the same rights you do, so it isn't against the law unless a court order is in place.

You need to make record of any conversation or other communication you have had with him, and note down the things he has said about not returning your child or not allowing you to visit. This could be seen as parental alienation and will work to your advantage.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms