Father of Baby Left Me 7 Months Pregnant For Another Woman

Rachael - posted on 09/20/2015 ( 1 mom has responded )




This is my first time posting but I feel compelled to tell my story and ask for advice from the community.

My baby's father left me when I was 7 months pregnant while I was living in Alabama with him. I was originally from Michigan and had been living with him when I found out I was pregnant.

He broke up with me after a fight we had one night and told me he wanted to be a 'team' even though he didn't want to live with me anymore. I had no family or friends in Alabama and made the difficult decision to move back to Michigan and have my baby there.
I left at 37 weeks pregnant and my family had to come down and move me back to Michigan. I was constantly wondering why he left me and thought he must have found someone else.

When I delivered my baby in Michigan he drove up from Alabama and was in the delivery room. Because I still loved him I put his name on the birth certificate and hyphenated our last names (big mistake).

I soon came to find out that he had been dating a younger girl since we broke up (when I was 6 months pregnant). I also found out he brought he to Michigan when he came up for the birth of his son. He held my legs while I pushed and helped take care of me in the hospital all the while his girlfriend was in a hotel room nearby. He recently admitted to dating her and admitted to her coming to Michigan. He finds nothing wrong in her being there and thinks it's OK that he found someone else.

Now he wants her to meet my son of 2-1/2 months. He says he loves her and wants to marry her. She wants to meet me and become my friend. She says she will help take care of my baby with my ex. Her and him think it's great for my son to have multiple moms in his life.
He has only been with her for 6 months and I don't know how to respond to him. He says he is getting
a lawyer and says I took his son from him and he could never love me because of that. I only left to protect myself and my son and to get help from my family.
I feel so lost, hurt, and frustrated that a man I loved and trusted would do such a thing to me. I am the mother of his child and he can't even respect my concern for our son meeting his new girlfriend; he is so young and I can't handle another woman taking care of him...

Please, if anyone has advice on how I should proceed with him, I would appreciate it.


Elisabeth - posted on 09/20/2015




Get a paternity test that proves who is the father. Then seek out an attorney that deals with child custody. Yes, this involves money, so get your parents or other trusting people who will help you with this struggle. In the end, this will save you years of heartbreak.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms