Father possibly may not return my son to me

Charlene - posted on 03/10/2016 ( 2 moms have responded )




I took my son to his father and am afraid he may not give him back ( hes meant to come home on sunday evening. we do not have a parental agreement. I have been sole carer for son since day dot. What do I do if he refuses to send him back home to me?? I have also discovered he has withheld my son from attending his kindy days this week, which is really gutting. Nelson, New Zealand


View replies by

Jodi - posted on 03/10/2016




This is WHY people should have court orders for custody and visitation. Because he has just as much right to the child as you do and it actually isn't kidnapping if he refuses to bring him home. If that is what happens, your only avenue is to file for custody through the courts.

Michelle - posted on 03/10/2016




You need to get a lawyer and get custody, visitation and child support court ordered.
If you don't have any court orders then he has as much right to have his child as you do.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms