Fighting for my son need advice

Pamela - posted on 11/23/2014 ( 3 moms have responded )




My son is living with me and goes to his fathers on the weekends. His father is engaged and has another baby with his fiancée. I am constantly getting private messages from her on FB about my son. I am without a car right now well it's not in the road well I am sick of her being involved in what I do with my child and would like to fight for custody of my son cause I don't believe she should be drilling my son with questions every weekend I spoke with his father today and he said she has every right to contact me and I don't believe so... I need to know what is the best way to handle this situation...oh and my son was attacked Mother's Day weekend by her Italian mastiff in the face don't know if that will help my case I just dot want to lose this!!! Please help with any advice


View replies by

Jodi - posted on 11/23/2014




So you want to take your child away from his father because you don't like getting messaged by the girlfriend. Great thinking! You know who loses there? Your son and his father. Sorry, but you can't fight for custody of your son because of her. What things is she doing that you find so very highly offensive?

Having said that, it really is up to the child's father to be the one to communicate with you about your child, but it depends what it is about as to whether it is really a battle you should try to fight.

With regard to the dog attack, was it reported/documented officially? Did your son have to attend a doctor? You shouldn't use a dog to get custody though. Instead, you should make sure that the dog can't be permitted near your child.

Mommabird - posted on 11/23/2014




If you do not want her contacting you then block her from messaging you. My question is, why is she conversing with you about your son and not him? And do you have legal document on visitation and/or support? If not, that should be done immediately. The best thing for your son is for everyone in his life to get along so if its possible to resolve any conflict Id recommend that being top priority. Dont let your son be caught in the middle of everyones disputes. Good luck and prayers to you

Ev - posted on 11/23/2014




So you do not have a formal court ordered custody, visitation or child support. You need to get a lawyer and get this done as soon as possible.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms