Full custody

Roni - posted on 03/22/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




My baby is due at the end of August 2014. Me and the baby's father are not together because he is very controlling. He has a 4 year old son he doesn't even want to take care of and he doesn't half the time. Is there anything I can do to try and get full custody of the baby coming in August? I don't want him anywhere near the baby because he doesn't even want anything to do with his son and he hasn't since he's been born. The only reason he has full custody is because he got a lawyer and paid and his ex-the babies mom-got a free lawyer. He swore he would never pay child support. He isn't fit to be a father. I should of figured this out before I got pregnant by him.


Jodi - posted on 03/22/2014




I highly doubt you will get full custody with no visitation unless he decides not to contest it. Unfortunately, when you make a choice to have sex with someone, and then you get pregnant, you lose the choice as to who the father of your baby is. You also lose the choice as to whether he gets to see his child.

I am a bit confused by your post whereby he has full custody of his 4 year old but doesn't actually have anything to do with him. Do you mean he has custody but the child still lives with the mother?

The only thing you can do now is get a lawyer to represent your interests. You can't file for custody until the baby is born, but you can certainly have everything ready to go. But don't be at all surprised if he at minimum gets visitation. Your baby has the right to a relationship with both parents whether you like it or not.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms