Full custody

Roni - posted on 03/22/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




My baby is due at the end of August 2014. Me and the baby's father are not together because he is very controlling. He has a 4 year old son he doesn't even want to take care of and he doesn't half the time. Is there anything I can do to try and get full custody of the baby coming in August? I don't want him anywhere near the baby because he doesn't even want anything to do with his son and he hasn't since he's been born. The only reason he has full custody is because he got a lawyer and paid and his ex-the babies mom-got a free lawyer. He swore he would never pay child support. He isn't fit to be a father. I should of figured this out before I got pregnant by him.


Ev - posted on 03/23/2014




If you knew this before you slept with him, why did you not protect yourself from pregnancy? As far as full custody, you have to wait til baby is born and the take it to court and the judge will decide what goes on. You can not decide he can't be part of the child's life then. You have to abide the court orders. He can get visitation. And what do you mean he is unfit for being a father? Do you have proof that he neglects his son? Does the boy have no food, shelter, and clothing? Does he abuse the child? You need solid evidence to get him to have supervised visits or to be denied visitation. You need to let go of how you feel about him and work on what is best for that baby. And do yourself a favor, the next time you find someone, make sure you know a lot more about them before you get intimate with them.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms