hello good morning

Kemesha - posted on 03/01/2016 ( 2 moms have responded )




My baby father and I are no longer together but he has ny son and am getting married and would like my son to attend my wedding but he refuses... Does he have the right to do that?


View replies by

Jodi - posted on 03/01/2016




If you have no court orders, he can do what he wants. If you have no court orders, you should get some.

If you have court orders, you need to organise your wedding for your time, not his, or he does have the right to refuse.

Dove - posted on 03/01/2016




If you are getting married during his court ordered parenting time... yes, he does.

If you do not have court orders pertaining to custody and visitations... you both have an equal right to have access to the child, but whoever has 'possession' of the child does not have to relinquish the child to the other parent unless a court order requires it.

So... if you have court orders... get married during YOUR parenting time. If you do not have court orders... go to court to get everything legally established.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms