Hello.... my name is Mary... my daughters father has re- entred her/ our life after years of abondoment. I m trying to understand and be patient without anger, but the anger is soconsuming and painful, hurtful and to me unforgivable.


View replies by

Ev - posted on 07/11/2014




I am not sure how many years you are talking here but you need to get over how you feel about the man and ensure your child has a chance to have a relationship with her father. If you do not have any custody court ordered and visitation you should do that now and also file child support. Also, unless your state has an abandonment thing in the family law, you may not prevent him from getting to see her if he is in the right to be able to file for custody or visitation himself. But you must check the law of where you live for abandonment law of a child and get things set up.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms